August 24, 2008

Cauliflower-Leek Pie with Chickpea Crust


I used the pie crust from the 'Curried Vegetable Pie with Chickpea Crust' recipe from The Garden of Vegan: (1/2 cup mashed chickpeas, 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour, 1/3 cup margarine).

Ingredients for the filling, food processed:
2 chopped leeks and two minced garlic cloves sautéd in olive oil
1 blanched cauliflower
a few tbs of vegan parmesan
1/2 cup soft tofu
black pepper
sea salt

topped with:
tamari-roasted pepitas and more vegan parmesan

PS- You have to hear this CBC session that Steven Page did with an orchestra! His cover of 'Paranoid Android' is amazing.

10 comments:

jessy said...

oh my goodness! that looks like the most glorious savory pie EVER! i've gotta try this one out! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

VeganCowGirl said...

That looks so great. What a great way to change up the recipe!!! I will try that for sure. Any excuse to get one of my favourite cookbooks off the shelf.

Carrie™ said...

I love that recipe from Garden of Vegan. What you've done with it is wonderful.
Although I've never been a huge BNL fan (my sister is), I do love Steven Page's voice. Too bad about the recent events :o(

Laura said...

holy shit that looks so good! cauliflower is sooo underappreciated. i blame broccoli. when fall rolls around, i will have to make this!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

mmm, that looks creamy delicious! I should try a chickpea crust sometime, I think. :o

Peggy said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! That chickpea crust looks really cool, but that filling looks just divine.

Rural Vegan said...

Wow - the filling for that sucker is impressive! Go cauliflower!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

This looks like savory goodness!

Shay said...

that looks amazing! Will have to try it...

Courtney's Vegan Journal said...

Love this recipe! Thanks :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails