I've been tagged to tell 5 things about myself. Let me see..
1. I've seen almost all of of the movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock (20+).
2. I'm in my fourth year of an English degree in University. I'm writing a Medieval literature essay today.
3. A gross skit with a cow head by Tom Green (the comedian, from my city) turned me vegetarian when I was in 9th grade.
4. I have no plan to ever have children.
5. I hope Obama wins. Clinton isn't bad, but I like Obama better.
I tag the owners of: veganteencuisine, vegan eating for one, dabbles with apples.
March 25, 2008
For this ice cream I used the recipe in Veganomicon as an outline (I used agave nectar instead of sugar, and I probably changed other stuff too.. I never follow recipes!). I added crumbled organic sandwich cookies. It was pretty good, but it would have been better if the cookies were better quality. Note to Canadians: I haven't had much luck with the new organic line from Shoppers Drug Mart. Even the dark chocolate bars aren't that great!
This pasta was amazing! First, I made the steamed sausages from The Everyday Dish, except that I changed all the spices. I used a salty Cajun spice mix, paprika, cayenne.. stuff like that. They turned out AWESOME. I put them in a simple sauce made with onion, garlic, canned chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, Cajun spice, etc.
This is the Popeye pasta from Eat, Drink and be Vegan. It's just a basic tomato sauce with spinach. It isn't that exciting, but it is tasty and good for you!
March 16, 2008
March 14, 2008
A lazy and simple meal, as usual these days. Pasta, cubed butternut squash from frozen, onion, olive oil, dried parsley, salt and pepper. I should have thrown in some chickpeas or white beans for protein, but I was too lazy. I'm sick :(