December 02, 2007

Djibouti!


Last night was a "Djibouti" themed dinner party (we're getting through the alphabet). Luckily, their food is practically the same as Ethiopian food, which I love!

We bought the injera bread from an Ethiopian restaurant, and then we made three stews:
an Ethiopian split pea stew from the Vegan Lunchbox cookbook, a mixed vegetable stew similar to the one in the same cookbook, and Djibouti lentils: http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/fetch-recipe.php?rid=misc-djibouti-lentils

It was all very delicious!

7 comments:

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

what a great idea! I had no idea you could get fresh injera like that from restaurants... did you just ask and they made to order for you?

Ruby Red said...

djibouti! hehe.

everything's so colorful... lovely! ahhh i love injera bread.

is that stew that you put on top of the bread?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahh how fun!! I love the "Djibouti" theme for your meal - the stew an the injera bread look PARTICULARLY delicious :0)

Unknown said...

So what will you guys do for E then? Not Ethiopia I guess... Egypt?

Amy said...

Yum! There's nothing better than food you can eat with your fingers!

bazu said...

oh yum- thanks for the injera tip- I've never tried making it at home, so the idea of picking it up at a restaurant is very tempting. (of course there are no Ethiopian restaurants where I live, but that's just a small detail...!)

Rose said...

Yum! I wish I had been there 'cause the food looks great :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails